British Individuals Ready For WEG – But No Team

I think there is no qualification score for squads by the FEI to take part at the world championships but the British association set the score that high that there will be no team at the WEG.

This isn’t the first time. Last year it were the Netherlands. What do you think of it? Do we have enough teams for the world championships with such a high standard or do you want to see all teams no matter how good they are?

Adele Feuerstein

I am Adele Feuerstein the founder of the blog. I used to vault & train teams in Germany. Now I am only an observer & love to share my knowledge about international vaulting with you.

7 thoughts on “British Individuals Ready For WEG – But No Team

• August 13, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I think that is a good decision.
    Great Britain had good results in the past, they shouldn’t send teams that can’t live up to it just because they need a team.
    I mean, if you call yourself a national team you have to live up to it.
    I think they should have done the same in Brazil: if our best result was in 2010, don’t send a team untill you have one that can be better.

• August 13, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Yeah, that sounds right. So, which qualification score would you accept for a team & which for an individual? You were seventh in 2010, right? That was a pretty good result. Do you think it is possible for Brazil to score in the top 5? How many clubs do you have? And on which level? I am just corious.

• August 13, 2014 at 3:10 PM

In my opinion, it is bad… Other nations already don’t send individuals if they cannot get under the best 5. If we continue this way, in the end we will have only a handful atheltes! It is very sad for the atheletes, for the spectators and for the organization.

• August 13, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Most time I have the same oppinion. I mean there is a qualification score for indiviuals so the standard is very high & I think there aren’t enough teams on the same high level to restrict the entires. The sport is still developing. Some time it will be normal.

But on the other side, I have no clue what the season of the senior team of Great Britain was like. Are they healthy & fit? How is the horse? I think the junior team lives all over the island so they don’t train together. Maybe the senior team had some problems. I don’t know.

• August 13, 2014 at 10:25 PM

But I actually agree that for the sport it might not be so good. Although maybe vaulters will start attending to more CVIs instead of just going to the worlds.

• August 13, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Yeah that yould be a great idea. In Germany you have to attend two CVIs to be able to qualify for the world championships. At the moment the worlds are the highlight of the year because the CVIs have not enough starters. Most time I only watch them to see the new freestyle of one participant. So I don’t get the idea of the World Cup. There aren’t enough competitors. It is boring.